Sunday 17 August 2014

Academy Quest | NaNaNaNaNa... BATCAVE!

Here are my 3 new changes to my daily environment that remove steps to build healthy new habits:

  1. I keep fresh (and some dried) fruit on my desk at work for healthier snacking.
  2. I have installed a great little app called "Lift" on my phone to give me daily reminders to go for a walk, exercise, etc. and allow me to easily track my progress on these goals.
  3. I've purchased a skipping rope (jump rope) from Amazon to help with my new workouts.


And here are my 3 new barriers to keep me from falling back into old unhealthy habits I am replacing or limiting:

  1. I've had a purge and thrown out all of the sports/energy drinks that I was keeping in my car.
  2. I've stopped buying pizzas/bread/cakes/biscuits/etc.
  3. I've deleted a load of crap TV from my Sky+ box and cancelled recordings of repeats.
  4. Bonus barrier 4: The "Lift" app (no. 2 in my healthy changes list above) I'm also using to remind me to avoid unhealthy habits (namely eating pizzas and drinking fizzy soft drinks) and to track my progress on these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment